Some people think the NAACP is no longer a relevant organization. Others ask, “What are they doing?” While others ask, “Are they still around?”
Well, truth be told, the NAACP is doing what they have always done:
– bailing Black & poor people out of jail
– working to get innocent Black men & women out of jail (it’s 1of 6 National organizations that does along with: the Equal Justice Institute, The Southern Poverty Law Center, ACLU, The Innocence Project).
– having one of the best Youth Academic & Leadership programs in the nation, ACTSO.
– report on truth about issues that affect Black people in their quarterly magazine (via mail and online).
– be fully engaged with voter rights. Remember, they trained Rosa Parks for the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
– fight against all forms of racism
The NAACP membership is only $35 per year. The more people join, the more people their attorneys can help. Every month, the ATL NAACP as well as others across the nation, get 100+ requests for help for wrongful arrests, racial claims, and much more. And, most requests are from people who have never joined. As with the church, people show up at the door when they need help. Otherwise, they never call, join or volunteer. They simply criticize them.
We are so much better than this! We need the NAACP now more than ever. Don’t wait until you or someone you know needs their help. JOIN NOW! JOIN TODAY! Visit: http://www.naacpatlanta.org
WHEN WE FIGHT WE WIN. WHEN WE VOTE WE COUNT.
This Christmas Holiday Season, you can:
– give gift memberships
– encourage others to join (by word of mouth and on social media)
– educate people in your circle of influence on the history and current relevance of this important organization – have youth in your circle of influence to Google “ACTSO” to find out first hand what they do.
– visit your local NAACP meeting
Because racism, housing discrimination, unequal pay, unlawful arrests, voter suppression, voter rights issues, etc. still exists, the NAACP needs your financial and volunteer support.
Google the name of your local city, county or state NAACP or visit: http://www.naacp.org
and join NOW!!
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.
You must be logged in to post a comment.